Python wrappings for Open Inventor?

Mike Fletcher mfletch at tpresence.com
Wed Aug 16 19:21:58 EDT 2000

I'm certainly interested, though short on time, from what I can see, we'd
need to rebuild the libSoXt module to use some cross-platform library
(wxWindows? Fox? Tk?), or preferably, just make a generic Python-compatible
object that all the libraries can use, then we'd need to use SWIG to wrap
the headers for the rest of the library?

Is most of the libSoXt module even needed if you're providing your own GL
context?  Offscreenrenderer seems to use GLX objects, as does the "window
element".   All other uses of glx seem to be in libSoXt.

Gif reader seems to use X11 calls.  All other X11/Xm stuff seems to be tools
or libSoXt.

I don't really know enough about Inventor to know what's what, guess it's
time to go and buy a book.

Enjoy,
Mike