Serial Port

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Thu Aug 24 15:51:04 EDT 2000

In article <39A56DC3.DCDE8F90 at tgflinux.com>, Jared Lee Peterson wrote:

>I need to communicate with an an app throught the serial port and I
>would like to do this through a python script I am working on .. any
>ideas?  Can't seem to find anything online about doing this kinda stuff
>with python.

It varies quite a bit depending on OS.

There's a Win32 serial IO module that works well:

    ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/python/contrib/sio-151.zip

For Unix look at the termios and tty modules

    http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-termios.html

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  My ELBOW is a remote
                                  at               FRENCH OUTPOST!!