gratuitous new features in 2.0

Rainer Deyke root at rainerdeyke.com
Fri Aug 25 20:44:41 EDT 2000

"John W. Baxter" <jwbnews at scandaroon.com> wrote in message
news:jwbnews-2EC89D.13003125082000 at news.olympus.net...
> The good thing about the print statement changes is that no no one has
> to use them.

I use print statements because 'sys.stdout.write' is too long to be commonly
used.  I would prefer a 'print' function in '__builtin__' which takes an
optional file argument and defaults to 'sys.stdout'.  This would remove the
special purpose print syntax and would allow 'print' to be passed to a
function and used in a lambda and so on.  Obviously this won't happen while
everybody uses the print statement.  Hence my call for its deprecation.

--
Rainer Deyke (root at rainerdeyke.com)
Shareware computer games           -           http://rainerdeyke.com