Fax Modules for Python.....

Alan Miller ajm at enteract.com
Wed Aug 16 18:19:06 EDT 2000

Amir Mistric (amir.mistric at usa.net) wrote:
>Hi Are there any good fax modules for python for both Windows and Unix....
>If not for both ....how about just for Windows.....

You might be able to interface with the faxing capabilities available
within Outlook on Windows.  On the Unix/Linux side, I wouldn't be
surprised to find that there are packages that will allow this, though
they may take fiddling around.

If you're just looking at sending faxes, there are a couple of other
options as well:
  * Most fax servers take input files (generally Postscript Level 1),
    however the prices for those tend to start out fairly high and go up
    from there
  * Setting up to be able to send the document you want faxed as an email
    attachment might work - for a corporate environment with a fax
    server, it's likely that it's capable of accepting messages to be
    faxed (though this may not be configured), for solo users it may be
    possible to use one of the Internet-based faxing services.  This may
    require some fiddling to meet the requirements for different servers.

ajm