new bitwise module [was Re: Discussion: new operators ...]

Christian Tanzer tanzer at swing.co.at
Thu Aug 3 02:03:57 EDT 2000

Gregory Lielens <gregory.lielens at fft.be> wrote:

> It is of course a problem...but it seems to me - and I say that as a guy
> which barely use regexp - that skipping quoted and triple quoted string
> during the search and replace is maybe a solution? I do not know if
> skipping these is easy, but it seems like a good work for regular
> expressions :-)

Maybe you'd like to post a regular expression to skip all kinds of
strings (and comments, ...)?

Such a regexp wouldn't really help, though. How are you going to
handle strings meant to be fed to `eval' or `exec'? I happen to use
`eval' quite a bit, and I'm sure that there are some strings
around somewhere in my applications which contain linenoise
bit-operators :-(

--
Christian Tanzer                                         tanzer at swing.co.at
Glasauergasse 32                                       Tel: +43 1 876 62 36