Still no new license -- but draft text available

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Fri Aug 4 16:23:01 EDT 2000

Aahz Maruch wrote:

> In article <398A71AF.5A0F at seebelow.org>,
> Grant Griffin  <g2 at seebelow.org> wrote:
> >
> >To heck with that fancy OED stuff, I go by Webster's.  And in Webster's,
> >it's "epistemological", bub.  ;-)
>
> Which Webster's?  There are so many to choose from.  Me, I stick with
> the reliable Merriam-Webster.

Well, if you really want to know, it's "Webster's New World Dictionary
of the American Language, Complete Reference Edition".

I don't know about Merriam-Webster (BTW, who asked that "Merriam" guy to
stick his nose into this whole nutty lexicography* thing?), but I should
confess at this point that mine actually spells it the same as the OED
(as reported above. ;-)

(merriam-webster-isn't-so-bad,-but-don't-whatever-you-do,-don't
   -trust-those-'random-house'-jokers-on-something-important-like
   -this;-see-webster's-definition-of-'random'-<wink>)-ly y'rs,

=g2
*40 cents

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com