SQL2Python

vio vmilitaru at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 2 04:28:49 EDT 2000

Greetings,

Has anyone attempted to "port" an SQL script to Python ?

I have an ANSI-SQL script which creates a 200 tables database. Since
tables seem to make excellent candidates for "objects", I want to port
my SQL code to Python, which is much more flexible than SQL. Mapping SQL
to Py might look something like this:

SQL Table    ->    Python Class
Table columns    ->    Class attributes
Table rows    ->    Class instantiations (objects)
Table Index    ->    Class Dictionary
Primary Keys    ->    Dictionary Keys
Foreign Keys    ->    reference to other class' Dictionary Keys

I guess my question is if anyone is aware of already written SQL2Python
"mapping/porting" script. Could Gadfly (the Py-written db engine) be of
any use for my purpose ?

Regards,
vio