PYTHON IS CRAP

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Wed Aug 16 17:47:57 EDT 2000

aahz at netcom.com (Aahz Maruch) writes:

> In article <u4s4lggim.fsf at ctwd0143.fitlinxx.com>,
> David Bolen  <db3l at fitlinxx.com> wrote:
> >
> >Actually, that hits one of the few things I wish Python did have
> >closer to Perl - something like man pages and perldoc.  I know there
> >are other alternatives for Python, but there are definitely times that
> >I really miss being able to quickly look up reference information
> >without involving a GUI (whether Windows help or a browser).  But I'm
> >probably in the minority nowadays.
>
> "Browser" != "GUI"

Well, I didn't say it was (the fact that a GUI may be a browser does
not imply that all browsers require GUIs).

> Use Lynx!

While certainly textual, it's still too "heavy" for my tastes when all
I want is a simple 'man' lookup.  Also, I don't think you can search
directly from the command line, can you?

But it would be interesting if anyone came up with some wrapper and
preset configuration file for Lynx to work cleanly with the Python
documentation.

--
-- David