XML Processing with Python by Sean McGrath

Thomas Gagne tgagne at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 15 15:41:47 EDT 2000

I just got it a few hours ago and am already to page 161 (Chapter 6 - Some
Important Details).  Since I just started with Python a week ago the book has
been very helpful.  I can see how Sean's first chapters are preparing me for
XML processing later on--or at least that's my assumption--showing the power
of lists, tuples, dictionaries, etc...

Though I haven't entered his examples, I had already kluged my way through
some simple XML processing for purchase orders and shippers, including
inserting the data into a database (Sybase).  All in all, pretty
straightforward in Python.  Of course, I'm not doing any error checking
yet--excuse me--exception processing.