submitting patches against 1.6a2

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Fri Aug 4 04:05:35 EDT 2000

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 11:19:53PM -0700, Paul Schreiber wrote:

> I patched a number of bugs in urllib.py way back when -- in June, I
> think. That was before the BeOpen announcement.

> I emailed the patch to patches at python.org. I included the disclaimer. I
> made the patch into a context diff.

> I didn't hear back from anyone.

> Should I resubmit? Where should I send the patch to?

It's possible, but not certain, that your patch ended up in the SF patch
manager -- the patches list was 'moved' there to improve patch-handling, but
your patch might have been missed in the move. If it was moved, it's pretty
likely it was accepted as-is or used as the basis of another patch. You can
try browsing through the entire list of patches, but that's a pretty big
list. You can also download the CVS tree and see if it includes your patch,
or at least adresses the same issues as your patch did (you can 'view' the
CVS tree without downloading it at sourceforge:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi?cvsroot=python

You can find the rest of the information here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/python

Depending on when your patch was accepted (before or after the move to
BeOpen) it might or might not be included in the 1.6b1 release which is
expected sometime today. (again :)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>