???? Hardware-accellerated python ????

Olivier Dagenais olivierS.dagenaisP at canadaA.comM
Wed Aug 9 00:16:35 EDT 2000

If the dictionary lookups are hash-based, there isn't very much improvement
to be done, as hash tables are usually O(1).  I'd say the best accelerator
for Python is RAM.  You can buy more RAM (at your local computer hardware
store) and add it to your computer and EVERYTHING will go faster!

The nature of an interpreted language (and many other features of python)
makes it hard to put it on a chip (or to compile).  At least, that's how I
understand it.  Maybe I'm wrong?

Olivier A. Dagenais - Carleton University - Computer Science III

news:87u2cv7xy8.fsf at galactica.it...