DCoracle - compile WinNT

Alexander V. Voinov avv at quasar.ipa.nw.ru
Thu Aug 3 18:22:20 EDT 2000

Hi

Philippe Bonnefoy Cudraz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I nearly managed compiled DCoracle with winNT4/oracle8i and cygnus
> gcc/make/....
> Just got this message when building oci_.dll
>
> gcc -shared
> oci_.o -L/cygdrive/d/python/pcbuild -lpython15 -L/cygdrive/d/oracle/ora81/oc
> i/lib/msvc -loci -o oci_.dll
> Cannot export OCI_NULL_THUNK_DATA: symbol not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> Any idea ?

You may take a look at the stuff here:
ftp://starship.python.net/pub/crew/avv/DCOracle/dcoracle-mingw32-wrk.tar.gz,
and even use it if you like. It's a proof-of-existence port of the
DCOracle wrapper to mingw32 compiler, using the advices from
http://starship.python.net/crew/kernr/mingw32/Notes.html

It worked for me, once or so, and there was no need in more development,
so it's left as is. Because it was a while ago, I may not be able to
answer all the questions, which may arise about this port, but I shall
try ;-).

Regards

Alexander