webengine(slashdot):different ideas

jtoy toyboy at toy.eyep.net
Thu Aug 10 09:50:59 EDT 2000

Thanks for all the great feedback in the thread that I started a couple
of days ago.  I didn't know there were so many projects out already that
were dealing with slashdot like code and web modules in general.  Does
anyone have some other ideas on projects that don't have too much work
in them already or new ideas?  I would like to contribute to python, but
I dont think working on something that has been reinvented so many times
already is really contributing.  I also don't want to join any projects
right now because I want to work with some of the basic ground stuff(I'm
new to programming in general), and I won't have a lot of time because
I'll be starting college (computer science) in a month so this will be
my spare time project.  Also I dont think I have enough experience to
contribute to established projects, so thats why I want to start one.
I'll learn a lot more like that I think.  I have come up with a few
ideas, but every time I check, there is already too many people working
on the same stuff.   Thanks for the great feedback.

--
Jason Toy
toyboy at toy.eyep.net
http://toy.eyep.net