Still no new license -- but draft text available

"Jürgen A. Erhard" juergen.erhard at gmx.net
Sun Aug 6 17:28:59 EDT 2000

    Tony> [...]

    Tony>  4.17 Licensee agrees that Licensee's failure to channel the
    Tony>  true intent of any BDFL pronouncement including but not
    Tony>  limited to the clauses in this License Agreement and for
    Tony>  any reason whatsoever including by way of example but not
    Tony>  limited to ungrammatical construction use of non-existent
    Tony>  words seeming self-contradiction or neglect on the part of
    Tony>  the BDFL or his appointed representatives to publicize said
    Tony>  pronouncement and whether deliberate or accidental shall
    Tony>  not in any way relieve Licensee of Licensee's obligation to
    Tony>  comply fully and cheerfully with aforementioned intent
    Tony>  which intent the BDFL may from time to time choose to
    Tony>  reveal clarify, modify amend obscure or withdraw at His
    Tony>  sole discretion and pleasure with or without notice to
    Tony>  Licensee.  Licensee further agrees that "foo" is an ugly
    Tony>  word that should not be used in Python code examples.

    Tony> Of course, you can die from suffocation if you try to read
    Tony> it out loud...

The danger is only there if you try to read it without stopping.  Yes,
I tried, and I made it, barely... ;-)[1]

    Tony> (and shouldn't it all be in upper case? Then you get to have
    Tony> a hoarse voice from shouting, as well - that's it, hire the
    Tony> Gumbies as our legal representatives!)

Shouting?  I don't think I could do it shouting.

Bye, J

[1] Great experience, BTW... the first time I thought about `coming up
for air' was cool... I was about to breathe in, when I realized that
`I can't do that!'.  Oops![2]

[2] Yes, I'm still very much in touch with my `inner child', thanks
for asking.  (Some people would claim I'm not very mature, but that's
another topic entirely... ;-)

--
Jürgen A. Erhard      eMail: jae at ilk.de      phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326
     MARS: http://members.tripod.com/Juergen_Erhard/mars_index.html