Recommendations please

Alex Martelli alex at magenta.com
Fri Aug 18 05:07:06 EDT 2000

<searcher7 at my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8nhhuv$n1l$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
> Thanks a lot! I'm looking into setting up Freebsd on my system.(I'm
> trying to stay as far away from Windows as I can). So I'm hoping this
> won't be a problem.

I guess you'll have to build from sources, after downloading
    http://www.python.org/ftp/python/src/py152.tgz
and following the build instructions therein.  If you're into
FreeBSD, I would assume that building stuff from sources is
not a problem for you (else, at the very least, you'd choose
a free OS with more ready-built binary packages typically
distributed for it, such as some Linux or other, right?).

Alex