Thank you, Fredrik. (was Re: Label-Value)

Fred Pacquier fredp at mygale.org.nospam
Wed Dec 13 03:35:30 EST 2000

katz at Glue.umd.edu (Roy Katz) said :

>On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
>> Sigh.  The problem is that you keep using terms that mean
>> something for you, whether or not they apply to the current
>> situation.  [snip]
>> If you want to learn something new, you have to stop doing
>> that.  [snip]
>> Here's how it's done in Python:
>> [wonderful explanation snipped]
>
>Thank you very much, I understand now more or less how this works.
>Furthermore I appreciate your thoughtful, measured, and flame-free tone.

Seconded. I'm sure it's been useful to many other people who have been
"doing" Python for as long as you have (including me) without an
understanding  that deep, whether they will admit to it or not.
As Fredrik says, this info certainly exists elsewhere and could be pieced
together from existing material. But having it summed up clearly and in few
words in one place can be a revelation, so this definitely needs to go in
python-snippets or FAQTS or somewhere... Thanks /F !

--
YAFAP : http://www.multimania.com/fredp/