Rummaging around inside an Access DB

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at out-think.NOSPAMco.uk
Wed Dec 6 08:18:36 EST 2000

I've been trying to dig some information out of an Access DB using Python. I need to access as much
information as possible about the composition of all the reports.

After a few false starts and lots of head scratching (I can't find a help file on the object model
anywhere!!), I found something in the Python Win32 distribution called daodump.py, presumably
written by Mark H.

This helped a lot and produced a listing of all the reports but I can't seem to break into the
Report object.

This is what I've come up with so far:

from win32com.client import Dispatch
import sys
eng = Dispatch("DAO.DBEngine.36")
db = eng.OpenDatabase(sys.argv[1])
rep = db.Containers.Item('Reports')
for doc in rep.Documents:
	print doc.Name

Does anyone know how I can get at the cuts of the Report object? The only other properties I can
find are:

AllPermissions, CLSID, Container, CreateProperty, DateCreated, LastUpdated, Name, Owner,
Permissions, Properties, UserName

Thanks for any help.
--
Dale Strickland-Clark