Python Problem - Could not find platform independent

Richard Sharp rbsharp at gmx.de
Mon Dec 11 11:33:59 EST 2000

Its difficult to know without the exact Linux version. It reminds me of a
problem with Mandrake which is just a packaging of Redhat. Redhat already
uses Python for its configuration utilities. Perhaps their version of Python
is higher up in the search path than your installed version, since they put
theirs in /usr/python1.5 and Python itself installs in /usr/local/lib. I'm
not really sure since it is sometime ago,, but you could have a quick look.

9105de$20l$1 at venus.telepac.pt...