Python support for MIDL RPC

Jay R. Wren jrwren at xmtp.net
Tue Dec 12 10:36:15 EST 2000

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, you may want to consider onc
rpc on windows.  There are a number of 3rd party onc rpc implementation for
win32 and some are even free.

I find it the best quick and dirty method of getting NT too communicate with
Unix and others at an rpc level.

To answer your question directly.  I know of no DCE RPC implementations for
Python.  Specifically I know of no DCE RPC implementations short of NT
itself or a UNIX with DCE running.

Further, NT's DCE RPC's are implenented below the COM API.  It is doubtful
you could even use win32com under python to call NT DCE RPC's directly.  If
you are only trying to get NT peers to communicate, you could use DCOM and
write a DCOM server in python with DCOM python clients communicating.  Use
win32com for this.

-Jay R. Wren

news:3A354BEE.7D5C9895 at ct.marconimed.com...