Dijkstra's Shortest Path algorithm

Paul Magwene paul.magwene at yale.edu
Thu Dec 14 10:43:30 EST 2000

Roy Katz wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Paul Magwene wrote:
> > If you're interested in graphs and programming, how about a clique
> > finding algorithm for undirected graphs?
>
> Alright, I checked out some background material on cliques, and I'll take
> a look at Andrew Dalke's code (I looked at his site).  If I understand
> correctly, all that is needed is to generate a clique-finding extension in
> C?

That would work, and would be relatively straightforward to do given
that Andrew provides some C code.  More interesting, from my
perspective, would be to see a python solution using Numeric.  My guess
is that it would be nearly efficient as the C solution...

> This raises another question for me:  Suppose my exension (1) relies on
> another extension (2); is there a more efficient way for (1) to access
> (2) without going through the Python layer?
>
> Roey

If both extensions are shared libraries, written in C, I imagine that
with the correct headers it should be easy to do so.

--

Paul Magwene
paul.magwene at yale.edu
Postdoctoral Associate