Tkinter.CreateFileHandler Unix/Windows

alexander.loehr at zuken.de alexander.loehr at zuken.de
Mon Dec 4 10:50:09 EST 2000

Hello!

I've got a question concering the function _tkinter.createfilehandler.
In the Module _tkinter.c are different places, where it is said, that
the FileHandler-functions doesn't work:

/* Tcl_CreateFileHandler() changed several times; these macros deal
   with the  messiness.  In Tcl 8.0 and later, it is not available on
   Windows (and on Unix, only because Jack added it back); when
   available on Windows, it only applies to sockets. */

I've got an application which uses threads with one thread running a
python-interpreter with a tk-mainloop. I have to send a notification to
the python-thread and want to use a socket for this. It seems okay on
Unix, but on Windows? I need a clear answer.

Pleae reply by email.

Thank's to everyone very much.
Alex.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/