Source Code Management

Mats Wichmann mats at laplaza.org
Tue Dec 19 08:52:27 EST 2000

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000 18:17:38 GMT, "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at effbot.org>
wrote:

>gtalvola at NameConnector.com wrote:
>> If you don't mind paying money, I believe Perforce fits all your
>> requirements.  http://www.perforce.com/  We use it and have nothing
>> but good things to say about it.
>
>Couldn't agree more.
>
>(PythonWorks 1.1 can talk to Perforce, of course...)

Perforce, in fact, provided my incentive to learn Python.  I picked
Perforce for a particular client project because it was the easiest to
deploy and the small number of developers involved made it
cost-effective.  When we needed some scripts to extend functionality,
several of them were in Python...

Perforce had, may still have, a deal that the product is free if you
declare that what you're developing is open-source.  You do have to
sign a paper to this effect, but it seems like a pretty good deal
nonetheless.

Mats Wichmann