Bug: Readline getting stuck on Linux and Solaris

Andrew Dalke dalke at acm.org
Wed Dec 6 23:49:03 EST 2000

sragsdale at my-deja.com wrote
>I'm having similar problems with Python 2.0 hanging in Irix.  What's
>most annoying is that this happens on the Python command line when you
>hit control-C.  In Python 1.5.2 this is a KeyboardInterrupt event.  In
>Python 2.0 this hangs the interpreter which starts using 100% of the
>processor.

I had the same problem on IRIX  but with 1.5.2.  It was a
readline library problem (obviously :) and not part of Python
that I could tell.  After killing it to get the core dump, I
looked at the stack trace - it was stuck in a recursive sigaction
loop.

I don't know why you wouldn't have had the same problem with 1.5.2
as with 2.0.  Perhaps you compiled it against a different version
of the readline library?

                    Andrew
                    dalke at acm.org