Database solution for Mac?

Cliff Crawford cjc26 at nospam.cornell.edu
Wed Dec 20 18:43:40 EST 2000

* Alex Martelli <aleaxit at yahoo.com> menulis:
| "Ahn, Jae-wook" <mail at codex.pe.kr> wrote in message
| news:91kjtq$ns3$1 at news1-2.kornet.net...
| > Hello,
| >
| > I have an iBook. I usually do works on Linux or Windows, but sometimes I
| > need some database support for my small Mac machine.
| >
| > I visited some pages, and found out a lot of database support for Python
| > including ODBC, but could not see anything that supports Macintosh. Please
| > recommend any solution which support database for Mac. Networked or local.
|
| I think Gadfly should build and run happily on a Mac; it's an
| SQL relational DBMS that is implemented in Python (with optional
| C in you need to speed up certain things), see:
|
| http://www.chordate.com/kwParsing/gadfly.html

There's also MetaKit, at http://www.equi4.com/metakit/ .  I don't think
this one needs to load the entire database into memory, unlike Gadfly.
(Unfortunately their site seems to be a little slow at the moment, so I
couldn't check that)

--
cliff crawford   http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
                "Blink your eyelids periodically to lubricate your eyes."