Control-C Stops normal output to the terminal

Billy billy at nospamforme.com
Mon Dec 11 14:43:12 EST 2000

I've just done "My First Python Program"(tm) and I have a little odd
problem...
I'm calling an external program using os.system() and checking the
result to catch control-c's (and other abnormal termination).  When
the python program exits the shell no longer echo's output.
I can reset the terminal and get back to normal, but I'd rather have
it work "right"...
I'm using python 1.52 at the moment on a debian linux setup.
I've heard of problems with linux & readline - is this related to the
problems I'm hitting?
Oh, I can call the external program from a terminal and cntl-c it,
and I get a normal shell back...

Billy.