[OT] Apple IIe help please

Brian McGroarty snowfox at yipyap.net
Sat Dec 2 11:51:29 EST 2000

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 09:25:07PM -0500, D-Man wrote:

> Hi all.  I apologize for the off topic-ness of the message and the cross-post.
> I have a friend who has a program she likes (written in BASIC) on an Apple IIe.
> I have a way to get into the code and list it on the screen.  What I am looking
> for is someone who has had some experience using an Apple IIe who can tell me
> how I can get the listing to be redirected to the printer port.  Also if it is
> possible to get a copy of the program file onto a disk for an IBM compatible
> comptuer (Windows or Linux) that would be great.

I think PR #1 sounds right for routing output to the printer, as
someone else said.

For the transfer, your best option is probably to use a modem for the
transfer - you'll need to set up a host that can receive X/Y or
Z-modem and take it from there.

Alternatively, if you can find someone with a working 3.5" floppy for
a //c or ][gs (did they make one for the ][e ever?) there is software
available for writing MS-DOS format files, and you can take it from
there. Mind, you may want to find a way to convert the BASIC code to a
non-tokenized format on the Apple or it's not going to be too useful
to you on the PC.