Python for REAL Projects ?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at abnoba.intevation.de
Thu Dec 14 05:40:35 EST 2000

In article <3a380d1e.409238 at bendigo.news.origin.net.au>,
	dragon at hitech.net.au writes:

> I have been looking at, and trying out Python (under Win NT) and
> although Python SEEMS interesting can it "cut the mustad" on a real
> client project ??

Yes.  At least it does here. :)

> Can this type of project be sucessfully tackled with Python + Tkinter
> + MySQL ??

I prefer wxPython over Tkinter.
(Note that BoaConstructor, when it is getting stable aims to be a
delphi like IDE for wxPython. It is quite impressive already.)

As to your project, it is hard to tell if you are faster with
python. It certainly can be done and it can be done nicely,
but it might need a little bit more eningeering on your part.
	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            (www.fsfeurope.org)