corba, soap, com, etc...

Scott Hathaway slhath at home.com
Sat Dec 9 11:04:37 EST 2000

Hello Everyone,

I need some advice.  I want to write an api engine in python that will be
used as the back end to a gui.  The gui will not be written in python.  I
need a way to expose the api I create that is cross platform.  On Windows, I
would use COM.  Since I need cross platform, what are my options and what
are the advantages and disadvantages.  I know about CORBA, but I do not know
if CORBA can be used from python.  I have also heard about SOAP, but is it
only web based?

If there is a corba or soap interface to python, can you please point me to
it?

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Scott