A question.

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Dec 13 18:25:15 EST 2000

Carel Fellinger <cfelling at iae.nl> wrote in message
news:9166uv$8rs$1 at animus.fel.iae.nl...
> Alex Martelli <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> ...excelent tutorial stuf skipped
>
> now that the tim-bot is exposed as a fake (he has a *face* !:)
> and stopped work^H^H^H^Hposting and C4E still the BDFL's pet
> I just wondered:
>
>   have they sprouted a new timbot, more geared towards newbies,
>   more polite and friendly maybe, with a touch of human fallibility
>   (hence the occasional slip of the keyboard) and named it Alex?

No, you are confusing two entirely different things.  The Martellibot Mark 1
has a completely European flavour to it, and adds a cosmopolitan touch of
linguistics to its output, sprinkling foreign language references in.  It is
similar to the timbot in its overall erudition, but can be distinguished
from it by its tendency to indulge in flamewars (which, I believe, ot does
mostly to convince us it is human).

regards
 Steve