C API mismatch with 2.0

John J. Lee phrxy at csv.warwick.ac.uk
Sun Dec 10 17:14:48 EST 2000

I compiled Michael Miller's _tableio.c (the C extension bit of TableIO.py)
on windows using cygwin (with Robert Kern's help), and got the following
warning about the C API.  I used the python20.lib from the same
distribution of python 2.0 that I'm trying to import TableIO into.

Can somebody tell me what's going on?  Where did this API version number
come from for _tableio?

Python 2.0 (#8, Oct 16 2000, 17:27:58) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
>>> import TableIO
WARNING: Python C API version mismatch for module _tableio:
  This Python has API version 1009, module _tableio has version 1007.

Thanks for any help.

John