General default exception handler

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Mon Dec 4 15:54:29 EST 2000

Dale Strickland-Clark <dale at out-think.NOSPAMco.uk> writes:

> Interesting idea but that won't work in this case. I have to trap
> the error inside the COM object or much of the detail is lost.

Then how about just structuring your COM object so that the various
entry points just pass control through some sort of dispatch function
that can provide the single general purpose wrapper for unhandled
exceptions.  Python's ability to pass in a dynamic function reference
and arbitrary parameters through such a dispatch should make this
fairly straight-forward.

--
-- David