[Q] Are Exceptions used that much in practice?

Rainer Deyke root at rainerdeyke.com
Tue Dec 12 14:34:08 EST 2000

"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:914mfd02ibt at news2.newsguy.com...
> (Some might prefer a wider 'except: return 0' clause, but
> most often it's better to be specific in catching exceptions).

I would go further and say that 'except: return 0' should never be used,
since it would catch and ignore MemoryError, KeyboardInterrupt, SystemExit,
ComputerExplodingError, or any number of other exceptions that are totally
unrelated to the issue at hand and require careful handling and/or program
termination.

--
Rainer Deyke (root at rainerdeyke.com)
Shareware computer games           -           http://rainerdeyke.com