newbie to python: can't load tkinter -- please help

Mayer Goldberg gmayer at cs.bgu.ac.il
Tue Dec 5 23:42:31 EST 2000

Hello:

I'm very new to python. I'm running python 2 on windows 95 US. I'm getting
the following error message when trying to use tkinter:

  File "d:\python20\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 34, in ?
    import FixTk # Attempt to configure Tcl/Tk without requiring PATH
  File "d:\python20\lib\lib-tk\FixTk.py", line 1, in ?
    import sys, os, _tkinter
ImportError: DLL load failed: One of the library files needed to run this
application cannot be found.

I realise that I need to set up PATH correctly, but I'm not sure to what...
Also: This may not be the only environment variable that needs to be set...

Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Mayer