Tkinter prob in Python 2.0, Macintosh

Rick Lee rwklee at home.com
Thu Dec 14 15:54:10 EST 2000

I don't program with Tkinter directly, but I have been using other Python
programs that use Tkinter, such as redemo.py.  The Tkinter window comes up OK,
and everything seems to work properly.  There are always 2 windows that  come
up: a Tkinter window (depending on the application, I guess there can be
multiple), and a Python interpreter window.  To terminate Python, first I have
to quit in the Tkinter window; which sends a terminate signal to the Python
Interpreter window; I then have to quit the Python window.  Occasionally, not
knowing how to reproduce this problem, I have the entire Apple menu duplicated
again, to the right of the original menu; if this happens, it is the new menu
that works, the old one seems to have no effect.  I never bothered to track this
down.

- Rick Lee