Python vs. PHP (& Java?)

entropia entropiamax at jazzfree.com
Wed Dec 27 08:31:54 EST 2000

As an example of how easy is python compared to java, look at the diferences of
xml-rpc implementations:
The links can be find at: www.xmrpc.org
I think that using python for xmlrpc is more elegant:
In Java I should do something like this:
try
          {
                  Object[] numParam = new Object[1];
                  Long stateNum = new Long(24);
                  numParam[0] = stateNum;
                  RPCClient rpc = new RPCClient();
                  rpc.setServer("betty.userland.com");
                  rpc.setPort(80);
                  rpc.setProcedureName("examples.getStateName");
                  rpc.setParams(numParam);
                  String stateName = (String)rpc.executeRPC();
          }
          catch (RPCException ex)
          {
                  ex.printStackTrace();