Python Origins

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Dec 8 14:59:31 EST 2000

Nathaniel Gray <nospam at caltech.edu> writes:

> Granted, this would have been a better approach.  I'm not saying it
> was the best question ever, but I have no qualms with calling it
> legitimate.

To be honest, I do. Some people have spent quite some time putting
together an FAQ list for Python, so that frequently-asked questions
would not need to be answered over-and-over-again. There was no
indication that the original poster was aware of

http://www.python.org/doc/FAQ.html#1.2
"Why is it called Python" or

http://www.python.org/doc/FAQ.html#1.15
"Why was Python created in the first place"

It may be that the author was aware of it, but I feel a response that
just says "RTFM" is as legitimate as the question (of course, such an
answer should at least supply the location of the FAQ list).

Regards,
Martin