Python vs. PHP (& Java?)

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Fri Dec 29 09:20:53 EST 2000

In article <mailman.978059571.14515.python-list at python.org>,
Moshe Zadka  <moshez at zadka.site.co.il> wrote:
			.
>>   Isn't there an axiom in physics that an experimenter influences the
>>   outcome of his experiment (physicists, help me out here)?
>
>Widely overused by laymen.
>It says that in *some* experiments, measuring one quantity *has* to
>interfere with another quantity some specified amount.
			.
			.
			.
It's such a beautiful result as to be worth
expression in more suggestive language:  cer-
tain measurements are in a dual relationship,
one manifestation of which is that there is
a precise lower bound on the accuracy of
their *simultaneous* determination.  The
analytic form of this leads immediately to
the mathematics of, for example, signal com-
pression or image enhancement.

Metaphoric application to macroscopic phenomena
is, as Moshe notes, often overdone.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net