launching a python program from GNU make (Win2K)

piet at cs.uu.nl piet at cs.uu.nl
Mon Dec 18 10:41:08 EST 2000

I have the following setup on Win2K:
1. make:
    GNU Make version 3.77, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
    Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98
            Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

    Report bugs to <bug-make at gnu.org>.
    I think this is the Mingw version, as I use mingw rather than cygwin.
2. Makefile:
all:
	python test.py
3. test.py:
print "Hello World"

And that works.
Even when I add a #!/bin/python to test.py (which is not the correct
location) and change the makefile line to:
all:
	 test.py

it works.
--