Great New Book

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sat Dec 30 17:23:12 EST 2000

akuchlin at mems-exchange.org wrote:
> for technical books thickness may indicate that the author can't boil
> things down to their essence very well.

Absolutely.  I'm horrified at the number of 600, 700, 800, or more page
programming books out there.  Most of them are just bloated.

I learned C from the original K&R.  The book was about a 1/2 inch thick.
Probably no more than about 150 pages.  It didn't try to be all things to all
people, it just tried to teach you C.  And it did a very good job.