creating an odbc link with python

Laurent Pointal lpointal at planete.net
Sat Dec 9 16:27:39 EST 2000

slhath at DownWithSpam.home.com (Scott Hathaway) wrote in
<gSVX5.55717$yR4.1401853 at news1.rdc1.tx.home.com>:

>Hello Everyone,
>
>I am using python to create an installation program for a web app that
>we have at our company.  The web app uses an access database that is
>hooked up through odbc.  How can I programatically create the dsn in
>python (I guess I need to edit the windows registry)?

If your question is about manipulating registry, see Win32 python
extension, registry manipulation functions are here.

If its about DSN structure on windows, maybe its not the right newsgroup.
See comp.database.* if a newsgroup has better chance to fill your request,
or see microsoft knowledge base.

Good luck.

Laurent.

Laurent POINTAL - lpointal at planete.net