real life examples

Kirby Urner urner at alumni.princeton.edu
Wed Dec 20 14:50:17 EST 2000

huber <nospam at wanted.com> wrote:

>i try to teach python to my son (13 years old)!
>but instead of stupid for loops, classes nobody ever needs and so on .....
>are there some good real life examples a child could be interested in ?
>
>thanks
>udo

Cryptology offers some ideas for doing Python (from
easy to not-so-easy):

http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/clubhouse.html

Although Alice is fine, you can also go a long with
with Povray -- still pictures.

Using Python to study basic math concepts is my approach
for the younger set.  The following essay is too hard
for a 13 year old -- is directed more at math teachers
-- but has ideas for using Python to climb a math
ladder:

http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/numerarcy0.html

Kirby