tar files

Vetle Roeim vr at acm.org
Sat Dec 16 13:11:58 EST 2000

* M. J. Fisher
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to find some code for unpacking tarred files and I am not
> sure why to look, does anybody have any ideas? I would also appreciate
> an example if any one had one,

well.. I started making a tar-module in pure Python, but I never had
time to finish it. you can use it if you want, and is able to
understand it.. it was written wuick and dirty by examining the
documentation and source code of GNU Tar.

<URL:http://www.ifi.uio.no/~vetler/PyTar_0.1.tgz>

maby I'll get around to finishing the darn thing someday.

vr
--
touch eyballs to screen for cheaper laser surgery