[ANN] crng 1.1: Random-number generator extension types (minor upgrade)
per at sbc.su.se
Fri Dec 22 09:34:39 CET 2000
crng 1.1: Random-number generators (RNGs) implemented as Python
extension types coded in C.
This is a minor upgrade from version 1.0.
The most important changes in version 1.1:
- The script (or module) 'crng_pickle.py' has been added, which
performs setup for using the crng module with the pickle/cPickle
- A new utility function 'stir' has been added; it shuffles a list
- The types Ranlux and MT19937 now have an initialization argument
'state' and the corresponding attribute, which allows save/retrieve
- The 'repr' function has been properly implemented for all RNG types.
- A script 'setup.py' has been contributed for installation using the
Official website: http://www.sbc.su.se/~per/crng/
The Python module crng implements random-number generators (RNGs)
based on several different algorithms producing uniform deviates in
the open interval (0,1), i.e. exclusive of the end-point values 0 and
1. A few continuous and integer-valued non-uniform deviates are also
available. Each RNG algorithm is implemented as a separate Python
extension type. The RNG types are independent of each other, but have
very similar interfaces. The entire module is implemented as one
single C source code file.
The GNU General Public License (GPL) applies.
Per J. Kraulis, Ph.D. per at sbc.su.se
Stockholm Bioinformatics Center (SBC) http://www.sbc.su.se/~per
Dept. Biochemistry, Stockholm University phone +46 (0)8 - 674 78 17
SE-106 91 Stockholm, SWEDEN fax +46 (0)8 - 15 80 57
More information about the Python-list