SSL how to?

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sat Dec 9 05:42:00 EST 2000

"Syver Enstad" <syver at NOSPAMcyberwatcher.com> writes:

> > Yes, httplib supports SSL in Python 2.
>
> I am using Python 2 under Win 2000 Pro by the way.
>
> If I understand it right you say that it's a part of the Be Open Source
> distribution but not on Windows?

The support is in the source code, both for Unix and Windows. It is
not included in any of the binary distributions. For Unix, it is
relatively simple to recompile the socket module so that it uses
OpenSSL; for Windows (including NT) people have reported problems
doing so. In any case, you need a working copy of OpenSSL for your
target system, first.

Regards,
Martin