while true: !!!

Greg Jorgensen gregj at pobox.com
Wed Dec 20 01:16:27 EST 2000

"Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk" <qrczak at knm.org.pl> wrote in message
news:slrn93vcml.nh7.qrczak at qrnik.zagroda...

> bool, false and true are keywords in C++ and don't require #inclusion
> of any header. The mentioned compiler is not conforming to ISO/ANSI C++
> (perhaps because it's old).
>
> In C99 _Bool is a keyword, and bool, false and true are macros defined
> in <stdbool.h>.

It was an old compiler. I haven't used C++ in over a year, but I believe
that the addition of bool caused some problems: sizeof(bool) is not
standardized, and bool is defined as 0 is false, anything else is true,
which means a bool expression may not be equal to "true." Please forgive me
if my understanding of this isn't correct: the last C++ compiler I used
didn't have bool support built-in.

--
Greg Jorgensen
Deschooling Society