mail processing module

A.M. Kuchling amk at mira.erols.com
Fri Dec 22 13:42:21 EST 2000

On Fri, 22 Dec 2000 11:55:13 -0500, Barry A. Warsaw <barry at digicool.com> wrote:
>I've been working on a new package for dealing with message
>objects, including mime messages.  Mostly this is for use in
>Mailman, but they will be generally useful.  I want to

There was also the idea of separating Mailman's low-level mail
processing from the actual list management application; I think I'd
like to pursue in the not-too-distant future.  Features like detecting
all possible bounces can only really be developed through running the
software in production and is hard to get right, so it makes sense to
recycle it.  This is of interest to me because I have an application
that could use an e-mail interface.

Barry, should I start from the current CVS version or from the
2.0final release?  Any major upheavals going on in CVS now?

--amk