Bug: Readline getting stuck on Linux and Solaris

Thomas A. Bryan tbryan at python.net
Mon Dec 11 10:15:20 EST 2000

Michael Hudson wrote:

> But I've just d/l-ed readline and it's signal handler is (predictably)
> straight out of Preprocessor Hell, so I can't tell what's going on at
> all :-(.

If you know the flags on the target machine (Irix?), then you could run
gcc with the -E option so that you can see what is left of the source
after preprocessing.  If Quinn sent you the files that "make configure"
creates on his box, then you should be able to get the preprocessed
readline source that corresponds to his setup.

Perhaps makefiles should have a dummy target using the -E and -o options
so that people could preprocess the entire tree and get the source code
after the preprocessor is done with it.

---Tom