Can't load jpeg image with PIL (win32)

Ahn, Jae-wook mail at codex.pe.kr
Sun Dec 24 00:28:59 EST 2000

Hi.

I'm trying PIL(Python Image Library) on Windows 2000. I downloaded version
1.0 from Pythonware and tested. I extracted the zip file directly to the
Python directory (Active Python 2.0), and everything's ok except that it
can't load jpeg images.

It loads other image file types including gif, png, and bmp. The munual says
it supports jpeg images, and a file named 'JpegImagePlugin.py' is included
in the package.

Do I have to install other components like IJG jpeg library? Please let me
know how I can read and handle jpeg images with Python on Windows platform.