Dijkstra's Shortest Path algorithm

Roy Katz katz at Glue.umd.edu
Tue Dec 12 22:54:42 EST 2000

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Andy Robinson wrote:

> Yes, there is.
>
> Aaron Watters kjBuckets collections library include a graph type
> written in C, which has this and several other useful algorithms.
> www.chordate.com
>
> - Andy Robinson

Wonderful! That's important for my sanity.
But that sort of takes the fun out of making something people will
use. Unless something else needs to be made? Is there anything that people
need implemented? I'm finally ending my semester next week, so it'd be
great to get back into serious Python programming (as opposed to this
semester's C++).

Roey

btw -- we're holding a competition for the fastest program in my C++
class.  I'm probably in the top four in my section (1.77 seconds for 500
nodes with 10k edges, 1 query). The average for my class is around 20
seconds (this was the final project).  Weird! the biggest lags occur in
reading in the data! but I guess, that's what we get with
object orientation -- more layers to tunnel through.