[OT] Apple IIe help please

Richard Cobbe cobbe at directlink.net
Sat Dec 2 11:53:45 EST 2000

Lo, on Friday, December 1, Lizard did write:

> At 06:25 PM 12/1/2000, D-Man wrote:
>
> >Hi all.  I apologize for the off topic-ness of the message and the
> >cross-post.
> >I have a friend who has a program she likes (written in BASIC) on an Apple
> >IIe.
> >I have a way to get into the code and list it on the screen.  What I am
> >looking
> >for is someone who has had some experience using an Apple IIe who can tell me
> >how I can get the listing to be redirected to the printer port.  Also if it is
> >possible to get a copy of the program file onto a disk for an IBM compatible
> >comptuer (Windows or Linux) that would be great.
>
> Gods, THAT brings back memories! Something like "PRINT #1" or the like? I
> know you specify a port..."IN #1" turned on the printer? Maybe? I'm sorry,
> I'm dredging up memories from 20+ years ago...

Close.  Try PR#1 instead (at least, I *THINK* port 1 is the printer).  That
should redirect all subsequent output to the printer.  To reset, do PR#0.
So, something like

LOAD BLAH.BAS
PR#1            (from this point on, you'll be typing blind)
LIST
PR#0            (and you'll be back to normal)

As for converting the file to a PC disk, you'll probably need to transfer
it to a PC electronically---a dial-up link or a null modem cable is
probably your best bet.

Amazed that I still remember this stuff (haven't used an Apple II in 12
years),

Richard